Happy Friday 4.7.06 People in need - Happy Easter

Hey , Everywhere, everyday...somebody needs a helping hand, and today I thought I'd share a few stories of people I know that need people like you to reach out to them for either prayer or donations..... So if you are so priviledged on this beautiful Easter weekend please take a moment to read their stories....and if you can help, well, that'd be great! Also included at the bottom of this email two inspiring links that are just amazing...I can't put it into words...check em' out... ___________________________________________ First is a story about a friend of mine here in TN. His son Jackson Daniel Cooper was in a serious moped accident, he went face first into an oncoming vehicle. His face severely crushed, he's now in ICU....Jackson could use your prayers during these trying times, not only for him but for his family.....Why these things happen, we may never know...just have to have ultimate faith that it's for a greater purpose, maybe to unite us as one in love and prayer...unfortunately and one young mans expense....please pray for him. ____________________________________________ Second, is a story from Lisa, she wanted to tell her story first hand, it's very touching...and as you know this is a time of donation for the March of Dimes, please if you can donate, do so...it's for such a wonderful cause. Below is her story along with a link to donate. Thanks so very much Well, here's my story... On April 6, 2005, I went to my 21 week prenatal appointment as usual. When the doctor put the monitor on my stomach, he searched for a heartbeat. He said the baby was probably turned wrong and we should do an ultrasound just so he can record the beats per minute. He had labeled me high risk since I had a miscarriage at 11 weeks the previous year. We went into the ultrasound room and and after a quick glance of a curled up fetus, it was confirmed that there was no heartbeat at all. My doctor walked over to me, grabbed my hand and said, "Lisa, I'm sorry but your baby has stopped growing." I tried to hold it together and not shed a tear, hoping that maybe he was wrong. He took me into his office and said that they needed to remove the fetus as soon as possible. He asked if I wanted him to call my husband. I said yes and he called; it was the first appointment he had ever missed. Once my doctor started discussing my check in time to be induced and deliver the son I would never truly know, it hit me, and it hit hard. I couldn't stop crying I wanted my husabnd to come get me, but then my car would be left behind and once I got my husband on the phone, we realized he couldn't drive either. It was the longest ride home EVER and the office was literally 5 mintues from home. I spent that night holding my stomach ans waiting. Waiting for for him to move, kick, anything. Nothing. The next morning, we checked into labor and delivery at 8 AM. I got an IV drip to induce labor and I refused pain medicine bacause I told myself it wasn't real labor because I was only 5 months pregnant. Once my mother arrived from Indiana around 6Pm that night she talked me into an epidural saying I was unintentially fighting labor and causing the entire thing to take longer than necessary. At 2:17AM on April 8, 2005 I delivered my son, Kalob Guy Wainwright. To us, he was beautiful. He was 7 inches long and didn't even weigh a pound. After a autopsy that revealed absolutely nothing, leaving me with no closure whatsoever, we had a funeral service and had him cremated so he could go everywhere with us and we promised to see many places and take him along. That was almost 2 years ago, it will be 2 years on Easter this year. I think I'm doing well, at times. I have a new son, Donovan Bradley who is 8 months now, but I still cry, hard, and pretty often. But with The March of Dimes, I at least feel like I'm helping other to not feel the pain of losing a child. It's a gut-wrenching pain that never eases. People think their heart broken when a relationship goes sour and swear to God above that it hurts. But, for 2 years now, my heart has ached and felt so empty. There's this huge whole in my heart that Kalob took with him when he passed away. I will feel whole again when I see him in Heaven and we a re reunited. Until then, I help others avoid never ending pain. You can see a picture of Kalob on our fundraising site. Here's the web address to make donations and learn more about The March of Dimes: www.walkamerica.org/kalobwainwright Thank you again and may God bless your soul. Lisa __________________________________________ If you know somebody that needs a helping hand, please email me, I'd love to help get the word out. Be blessed in all you do Be love and love will surround you Inspire... ryno www.ryannicholson.com www.myspace.com/ryno p.s. My song "Keep movin' on" was given an Honorable mention in the 2006 NSAI/CMT song contest. IT was written with good friends Rob Arey and Rebecca Self. Rob's at http://www.myspace.com/robarey In other news, my songs "Scars" and "For the one's I love" also received finalist in the ISC competition and we're also given Honorable mention. "For the one's I love was witten with Jarrod Doucet http://www.myspace.com/jarroddoucet __________________________________________ Below are some very cool inspiring links and stories that people have sent me....hope ya enjoy em'.....AMAZING STUFF!!! http://www.mayyoubeblessedmovie.com/ http://www.kids4truth.com/watchmaker/watch.html ___________________________________________ The nurse took the tired, anxious serviceman to the bedside. "Your son is here," she said to the old man. She had to repeat the words several times before the patient's eyes opened. Heavily sedated because of the pain of his heart attack, he dimly saw the young uniformed Marine standing outside the oxygen tent. He reached out his hand. The Marine wrapped his toughened fingers around the old man's limp ones, squeezing a message of love and encouragement. The nurse brought a chair so that the Marine could sit beside the bed. All through the night the young Marine sat there in the poorly lighted ward, holding the old man's hand and offering him words of love and strength. Occasionally, the nurse suggested that the Marine move away and rest awhile. He refused. Whenever the nurse came into the ward, the Marine was oblivious of her and of the night noises of the hospital - the clanking of the oxygen tank, the laughter of the night staff members exchanging greetings, the cries and moans of the other patients. Now and then she heard him say a few gentle words. The dying man said nothing, only held tightly to his son all through the night. Along towards dawn, the old man died. The Marine released the now lifeless hand he had been holding and went to tell the nurse. While she did what she had to do, he waited. Finally, she returned. She started to offer words of sympathy, but the Marine interrupted her. "Who was that man?" he asked. The nurse was startled, "He was your father" she answered. "No, he wasn't," the Marine replied. "I never saw him before in my life." "Then why didn't you say something when I took you to him?" "I knew right away there had been a mistake, but I also knew he needed his son, and his son just wasn't here. When I realized that he was too sick to tell whether or not I was his son, knowing how much he needed me, I stayed." The next time someone needs you ... just be there. Stay. We are not human beings going through a temporary spiritual experience. We are spiritual beings going through a temporary human experience. Walk in peace! Take Care and God Bless.

Leave a comment

Add comment